Evolve Carbon GT, Bamboo Series GT and GTX Battery Mod
Love your Evolve Carbon GT or Bamboo Series GT or GTX but hate the battery life and range? Send it to me and let me upgrade it to an 18650 based 10S4P lithium ion pack. You buy the cells you want to get the amp hours and discharge curve you like, and send them directly to me. Then I will make a flexy pack out of them and replace your existing 36v 7ah (or 10ah, still lame!) prismatic pack with it. This service includes:
- modifying your deck to accept the taller pack (on Bamboo series)
- tacking together the cells you send me and using your existing components to make the new pack
- installing the new pack and leaving you with a ride that looks completely stock but has tons of range it didn't have before.
- giving you the ability to leave your friends charging at home while you make the munchies run.
So how does it work?
- Buy the service. Once i get the notification of your purchase, i will shoot you an email with the mailing address you need to ship me the board.
- Ship me the entire board including remote and charger, preferably in the original Evolve box. I will need the entire board, fully assembled, with remote and charger. Do not send just the deck. Do not take the old battery out first. Do not forget the remote and charger. This is non negotiable, I need all of it to verify that the mod works with YOUR remote and YOUR charger and was done correctly. In other words, I need to be able to test it with your stuff, not mine so that I know it will work for you. If you email me asking about not sending this or that, I will refer you to this page.
- Buy the cells. They must be a flat top 18650, and you need 40 of them. No other cell size will fit, and no other cell count will work. If you don't know what cells to get or where to get them, get these Samsung 30Q cells from liionwholesale.com. If those are sold out or otherwise not available, the next best cell is the LG HG2 which is a little more expensive with similar performance.
- Ship the cells directly to me at checkout using the address I gave you.
- Wait for me to receive the board and perform the requisite alchemy and black magic. When I'm done, I ship the fully assembled and freshly modified board back to you with no outward indication that anything has been done to it. It will look completely stock, and i will cover return shipping. This part is the hardest and it can take up to a week.
- Tell all your friends you got LHB's evolve mod and make them jealous, then just stare at all of them smugly.
CAUTION: Some Things You Should Know Before Purchasing This Service
We offer this modification because often it breaths new life into an older board that has already seen its day. Evolve owners love their boards, and we enjoy trying to help them love them longer. Please read the following carefully.
This is an after market modification that involves altering your board's deck, re-arranging its internal components, and replacing the cells in its battery. Making these modifications will void any warranty you have with Evolve. This means that if you elect to have this modification done to your board and some of your components fail afterwards, you could be left with no course of action. It would be entirely at Evolve's discretion to assist you as we cannot provide replacement parts for Evolve boards and Evolve has historically denied sales of motor controllers and battery management systems to us and builders like us.
For the above mentioned reasons, we cannot offer a warranty of any kind on this service. Please carefully consider these risks prior to purchasing. By purchasing this service, you agree to accept these risks.